June 5, 2007
Vectron International Crosses the Gigahertz Barrier with Introduction of New Voltage Controlled SAW Oscillators
Latest Addition to VS-720 Family Offers Output Frequency Range up to 1.0 GHz, A 25 Percent Increase Over Current Technology
— Vectron International, a leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of Frequency Control, Sensor, and Hybrid Product solutions, today announced that it has extended the output frequency range of its Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) based oscillators beyond the Gigahertz barrier. The S0-720 clock oscillator and VS-720 voltage controlled oscillator will both provide crystal-like frequency stability and initial accuracy performance while providing SAW- like jitter performance up to an output frequency of 1.0 GHz. By expanding the frequency range of the 720 family into the 1 GHz frequency output range, Vectron is providing designers in the Wireline, Wireless, Military and Test Equipment market with the extra bandwidth needed for there next generation designs. The company is showcasing its entire SO-720 and VS-720 oscillator family in Booth 1101 at the 2007 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, from June 3-8 in Honolulu.
"Vectron is committed to providing innovative precision timing devices that enable our customers to meet and exceed market demands," said Alan Mond, Vice President of Global Sales, Vectron. "By extending our SAW oscillator capabilities into the Gigahertz range, we are helping leading communication infrastructure companies get more bandwidth out of their existing wireless and wireline deployments."
Vectron's SO-720 and VS-720 family provides ideal clock sources for driving high speed Analog to Digital Converters in telecom, cellular and instrumentation applications, jitter attenuation in Optical Transport and Access applications, and low jitter reference clocks for FPGA's, SERDES and military applications. The SO-720 and VS-720 comes in a small 5.0 x 7.5 x 2.0 mm, package and unlike PLL-based oscillators, the jitter and broadband phase noise of the VS-720 and are consistently low over full operating temperature, control voltage and power supply range.
The VS-720 is a ± 100 ppm minimum absolute pull range (APR) VCSO, is footprint compatible with other 5.0 mm x 7.5 mm VCSO's, and offers an enable/disable function for testability. The VS-720 complements the Vectron SAW-based VS-700 and Crystal-based VC-710. The SO-720 is ± 50 ppm maximum all-inclusive clock oscillator, is foot print compatible to other 5.00 x 7.5 mm XO and offer enable/disable function for testability. Both products are fully compliant with the RoHS directive and are qualified for plus 260 degree Celsius peak lead free assembly. Additionally, they are housed in hermetically sealed leadless surface mount packages and offered in either bulk or tape and reel packaging
Key Features include:
- Output frequencies available from 150 MHz to 1.0 GHz.
- 3.3 V operation with complementary LVPECL or LVDS output configurations
- Ultra low jitter banded jitter of < 0.15 ps rms across 12 kHz to 20 MHz OC-48 offset bandwidth and <0.20 ps rms across 50 kHz to 80 MHz OC-192 offset bandwidth
- Typical broadband period jitter of <3.0 ps rms and <20 ps peak to peak
- Enable/disable function with enable high or enable low options
- Temperature stability of plus or minus 20 ppm typical over negative 40 degrees Celsius to plus 85 degrees Celsius
- Minimum Absolute Pull Range (APR) options of ± 50 ppm and ± 80 ppm over negative 40 degrees Celsius to plus 85 degrees Celsius on VS-720 VCSO
- Overall stability options of ± 100 ppm and ± 50 ppm on SO-720 Clock
- Linear VCXO gain of approximately 90 ppm/V on VS-720
- Competitively priced with other high frequency XO's, VCXO's and VCSO's
- Product is free of lead and fully compliant to EC RoHS Directive
- More than 40 discrete output frequencies available for quick sampling with other frequencies available upon request.
For additional information on the VS-720 and SO-720 SAW based oscillator family or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1.
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor,
and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering
customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very
latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to
microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction,
Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve
competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH,
and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia.