Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
June 4, 2013
Vectron International Announces Expansion of Precision Quartz Crystal Capabilities
Demand for Hi–Rel, Ultra Low Noise, Low g–sensitivity and High Temp Crystals Drives Expansion
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military & Space applications, today announces the expansion of their Cincinnati precision crystal fab with a focus on ultra–low noise, low g–sensitivity and high temperature precision quartz crystals and blanks designed for high reliability oscillator, hybrid and sensor applications. These products will be showcased in Booth 712 at the 2013 IMS Symposium in Seattle, WA from June 4th – 6th.
Vectron's Cincinnati crystal fab has been producing precision crystals for use in clocks and oscillators for over 60 years. Recent additions and improvements to the processes and fabrication equipment, including the company's Integrated Environmental UHV Cold Weld systems, have enabled Vectron to produce some of the industry's best aging and ultra low–noise crystals on the market today. Standard manufacturing processes and test flows are designed to accommodate MIL–PRF–3098 and ESA/SCC 3501 specification requirements from the cutting of quartz bars, through seal and final test in Class 10K and Class 100K clean rooms.
"Over the last 5 years, there have been significant changes in the quartz crystal supply chain." said Gregory Smolka, VP of Sales and Sensors for Vectron International. "Many of our customers, particularly in Defense and Space applications, prefer a U.S. based provider who can design and manufacture High Reliability Quartz Crystals designed specifically to meet their demanding applications. Our highly experienced design, engineering and manufacturing personnel deliver a wide array of frequencies and crystal cuts in a variety of industry standard packages. In addition to these solutions, we continue to be the leaders in the design and fabrication of crystal sensor elements for emerging sensor applications".
- Vacuum sealed and resistance weld packages (HC35, HC37, HC40, SM1, HC43/49, HC45, others)
- Swept and Non–Swept Quartz available in a variety of cuts (i.e., AT, BT, Y, SC, IT, AC)
- Ultra Low Noise HC37 10 MHz (–157 dBc @ 100 Hz) and HC35 100 MHz (–135 dBc @ 100 Hz)
- Low g–sensitivity < 0.1 ppb/g total gamma (QRM), < 0.3 ppb/g total gamma (HC37, HC35) available
- High Temperature Ruggedized up to +250°C (SM1, HC37, HC35, HC43, HC45)
- Fully Integrated Environmental UHV Cold Weld Systems for Excellent Aging and Phase Noise
In addition to Precision Quartz Crystal Oscillators, Vectron also offers our customers innovative solutions including OCXOs, TCXOs, VCXOs, Clocks, VCSOs, MEMS Oscillators, SAW Filters and jitter attenuators that provide ultra-low jitter timing solutions.
Vectron's Crystal product family is available direct at www.vectron.com or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1-88-VECTRON-1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.vectron.com