Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
June 20, 2012
Vectron International Announces Small Form Factor Stratum 3 TCXO
TCXO achieves Stratum 3 compliance in a 5mm x 3.2mm footprint
– Vectron International, a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military & Space applications, today announced its new tight stability TCXO. The TX–801 offers ±100ppb stability in a 5mm x 3.2mm footprint. This product will be showcased in Booth 1300 at the MTT–S 2012 trade show in Montreal Canada, from June 19 – 21.
IP based applications have inherited legacy timing requirements, such as Stratum 3 levels of accuracy. Services that are now carried over packet switched networks need to comply with levels of performance that used to be delivered over the circuit switched networks of the past. The TX–801 is optimized for supporting timing requirements over modern IP based networks and meets the reduced cost and footprint expectations set by emerging timing applications.
"Often a reduced cost or small footprint TCXO will claim to be S3 compliant with suppliers just referring to their oscillator's static temperature stability" says Alan Mond, Vice President and General Manager of Vectron's Communication Business Unit. "The TX–801 is optimized for cost and footprint to fit in the new IP based cost models, but it has also been tested for full compliance with legacy S3 performance requirements, including drift and wander generation, making it a truly S3 compliant part in a small footprint".
In addition to the TX–801 TCXO, Vectron also offers customers a range of precision oscillators designed to support timing requirements over IP based networks, along with innovative clock path technology including OCXOs, TCXOs, XOs VCXOs, VCSOs and jitter attenuators that provide ultra low jitter timing solutions.
- Stratum 3 compliant per GR–1244; supporting GR–1244 wander generation requirements
- Temperature Stability of ±100 ppb from –10° to 70°C
- Temperature Stability of ±280 ppb from –40° to 85°C
- Output frequency Range: 8MHz to 26MHz
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V
- Output Configuration: CMOS and Clipped Sinewave
- Package: 5.0 mm x 3.2 mm x 1.7 mm
Vectron's TX–801 TCXOs are available direct at www.vectron.com
or through an authorized Vectron representative. For more information on this or any other Vectron products please contact a customer service representative at 1–88–VECTRON–1 or visit www.vectron.com
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Vectron uses the very latest techniques in both bulk acoustic wave (BAW) and surface acoustic wave (SAW) based designs from DC to microwave frequencies. Committed to the industry’s highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please call 1-88-VECTRON-1