Previous Press Release
Next Press Release
November 12, 2014
Vectron Announces the next generation EMXO
EX−421 offers reduced power consumption and higher performance in smaller footprint
– Vectron International, a Knowles company, and a leader in the design and manufacture of Precision Oscillators and Timing Solutions for Communication, Industrial, Military & Space applications, today announces another addition to their Evacuated Miniature Crystal Oscillator (EMXO) family. The EX−421 offers superb stability, small size, low power and fast warm−up capability. To learn more about this product visit us in Hall B5, Booth 237 at the Electronica Trade Show in Munich, Germany from November 11–14th, 2014.
"We continue to innovate to meet the demands for smaller, lower power products over a wide range of environmental conditions" said David Bail, General Manager of the precision oscillator segment. "This next generation EMXO design offers our customers improved temperature stability, phase noise, and better aging in a low power miniature device ideal for portable or battery powered applications".
Leveraging Vectron's patented EMXO technology, the EX−421 prolongs battery life in challenging environmental applications while maintaining traditional precision OCXO performance. Performance is not sacrificed even though the power consumption is less than 20% of a conventional OCXO. This next generation EMXO features faster warm−up time, low g−sensitivity and the industries best phase noise performance in a low power evacuated OCXO, while improving the temperature stability by a factor of 3 from the previous generation EMXO. This product is ideal for airborne equipment, tactical radio, high end instrumentation and demanding operating environments.
- Standard Frequencies: 10MHz and 20MHz
- Low Power Consumption: 0.25W steady state vs. 1.5W steady state OCXO
- Fast Warm–up: 60sec vs. 5min of conventional OCXO; ±100ppb of final frequency
- Temperature Stability: ±30ppb, −40°C to +85°C
- Small Form Factor: 13mm x 13mm x 10mm
In addition to the EX−421, Vectron also offers customer's innovative solutions including OCXOs, TCXOs, VCXOs, VCSOs, XOs, SAW Filter and jitter attenuators that offer low phase noise and ultra−low jitter timing solutions.
About Vectron International
Vectron International is a world leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of frequency control, sensor, and hybrid product solutions. Vectron solves complex timing, filtering and sensor challenges by delivering customized solutions that speed time to market and offer low total cost of ownership. Committed to the industry's highest quality service standard and complete satisfaction, Vectron International leverages its global footprint and 50 years of experience to help customers achieve competitive differentiation and improve their bottom line. Vectron International is headquartered in Hudson, NH and has operating facilities and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, please visit www.vectron.com